Cilantro chutney is a simple refreshing dip that can be used with a variety of grilled and fried dishes. It is also widely used as a spread for making sandwiches. A slice of bread with a little butter and cilantro chutney makes a great snack.
- 2 cups chopped Cilantro
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 4-5 Green Chilies
- 1 tsp finely chopped Ginger
- 8-10 Mint Leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt as per taste
- Add chillies, ginger, salt, sugar, lemon juice to the blender
- Then add cilantro and mint leaves
- Add little water if necessary. I generally prefer not to add water
- The consistency of the chutney should be like a spread and should be finely blended
- Ginger and Mint leaves are optional
- Green Chilies should be added as per the spiciness desired
- You can adjust the spice quantities according to your taste. We prefer our chutney to be spicy, but you can make it tangier or sweeter.
- I usually make it in a large quantity and freeze it in ice cube trays, or a container. Whenever needed, I defrost the chutney and use
- One important point here, if we freeze it right after making it, it will retain its bright green color and freshness.