Happy Valentines day, everyone! As mentioned before, my husband is very fond of sweets and desserts. We are also big fans of coffee and love trying coffee from different places and all kinds of coffee beans and roast. So for this occasion, I thought to combine the top two favorites and made some chocolate coffee aka Mocha shortbread cookies. Hope you all enjoy and a sweet day!
- 2 cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- 3/4 cup softened Butter (Can be replaced with Vegan Butter)
- 1/2 cup confectioners or powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 Espresso shots or 2 tbsp Instant Coffee powder
- Mix the melted butter and sugar in a large bowl. You can replace the powdered sugar with granulated sugar or brown sugar depending on one's preference.
- Now add the Vanilla extract and beat at medium speed till it is creamy. If you don't have a beater, stir it thoroughly
- Now add the chocolate chips and coffee and stir it thoroughly.
- Now add the flour slowly and continue mixing it on a low speed
- Mix it till the mixture leaves the sides of the bowl and forms a smooth soft dough
- Now divide the mixture in 3 parts, and flatten each part a bit.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for couple of hours
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 350o F.
- Now, roll out the dough a little more, and cut out the desired cookie shapes. I used the heart shape cutter for the occasion.
- Arrange them on a cookie sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes or till they turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and then cool on the wire racks.
- Once they are completely cooled, store them in an air-tight container. Enjoy!!