Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Microwave Potato Chips

        Who doesn't like to eat potato chips? This crunchy, tasty snack is an all time favorite for all age groups and for every occasion. I am a huge fan of potato chips, I like almost all the flavors of this deep fried snack. But I have to control myself from having it too much as we all know its nutrition facts.

        Hence, I was in search for a different alternatives and that's when I decided to try to make it at home. It was a huge success. Both me and my husband just loved it and finished the whole bowl in a jiffy.

        So, today I am going to share this great recipe for making chips at home, using very little oil. I would love to hear your comments/suggestions on this recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 2 Medium Potatoes
  • Olive Oil 
  • Salt
  • Pepper
Instructions:
  • Slice the potatoes very thin. You can keep the skin on if it you like it
  • Put them in a bowl and drizzle with some Olive Oil. You can use any oil of your choice.
  • Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Here is when you can get real creative. You can try with all different types of seasonings.

  • Arrange it in a single layer on a microwavable plate.
  • Microwave it on high for 3 minutes.
  • Then, turn it over carefully. It will be very hot.
  • Again microwave it for 2 mins or until they start turning brown and the edges are crispy

  • Remove them in a bowl and let it cool completely
  • It will become crispier as it cools down. 

  • Enjoy as much as you like, store the remaining in an air tight container

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by my blog.Your feedback and comments are appreciated.