Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine Cake pops

                Happy valentines day, everyone! On that occasion, I was wondering what surprise to give to my husband. He is very fond of desserts, but I have already have made cakes, cookies, chocolate etc in the past. And so, this time I wanted to try something different. I started looking online for other options and I came across the idea of Cake-Pops.
               Its a form of cake styled as a lollipop. These pops are also a great idea to make something fun out of leftover cakes. You can be as creative with the cake pop decoration. Since I made it today as a valentine surprise for him, I kept it a simple decoration with red, pink and purple sprinkles, sugar and hearts. Also, since this was my first time making it, I wanted to keep it simple and not experiment a lot. So, here is how I made it.

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cake, baked and cooled (I made Chocolate Espresso Cake)
  • 1 cup whipped Frosting (I used vanilla)
  • 1 cup white Chocolate melts
  • Paper Lollipop sticks
  • Candy Sprinkles
  • Colored sugar
Instructions:
  • I made the chocolate-espresso cake from scratch. You can use any ready cake or even leftover cakes. Make sure the cake is completely cool.

  • Now take a cookie sheet or any big dish, line it with waxed paper and keep it aside.
  • Take a large bowl. Crumble the cake with your fingers and add to the bowl. 
  • Then add the frosting and mix well until the dough forms.
  • Now, roll it into firm balls or any desired shape using cookie cutters and place on the cookie sheet. Freeze them for about 15-20 minutes.
  • In the meantime, melt the white chocolate according to the package direction. You can either do it in microwave or using a double boiler on the stove.
  • If the mixture is too thick, add1/2 tsp of Oil in it and stir it well. The mixture should be smooth
  • Now take the cake balls from the freezer. I took 1-2 at a time. 
  • Take the lollipop stick, dip in the melted chocolate about 1/2 inch and then insert stick into the cake ball.
  • Then dip the balls in the chocolate melt until well coated. Tap on the bowl slightly to remove any excess chocolate. 
  • And then decorate with the desired sprinkles or colored sugars.
  • Let it set for half an hour at room temperature.
  • You can store the cake pops for about a week at room temperature or for about 2 weeks in refrigerator. But I am sure they wont last that long as they are very tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by my blog.Your feedback and comments are appreciated.