After coming from work today, as usual was thinking what to have for dinner. We had been thinking to use the spinach for couple of days now, and was not too interested in having curry, so finally decided to make Hara Bhara Kebab or in simple words Spinach Peas Kebab.
Hara Bhara Kebab is one of the most popular appetizer/snack in India. It got the name hara bhara from the dark green color of the patty. Whenever we went out for dinner, this appetizer was a must to order.
So here is the simple recipe for this:
- Blanched Spinach
- Mashed Potatoes
- Crushed Peas
- Chopped Cilantro
- Chili-Ginger Paste
- Garam Masala
- Chaat Masala
- Squeeze all the water out of spinach.
- Next, mix all the ingredients, except oil, in a bowl.
- Now, make small size balls and press them in shape of a disc. Make sure they are not too thick or too thin in size.
- We can add some corn flour/cornstarch to the mixture to make it crispier or if the mixture is too soft.
- We can now deep fry the balls, but I personally like them shallow fried with little oil on a pan or a griddle.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on the kebabs before serving.
- Serve them hot with green chutney or ketchup.